If so, there are a couple of things to consider.
- Collecting bait (roadkill deer) requires a truck-like vehicle and, in some states, permits. You must confirm their own states’ requirements for this type of activity – we can not be responsible for compliance with state laws or any problems you encounter while you are supporting this project.
- You must be willing to share all pictures you collect with our team.
- You must follow the protocol provided below.
- You must not delete pictures of any type. To understand distribution of wildlife we need data on both presence and absence of each species. DON’T DELETE ANY PICTURES, even if you think they are not useful.
- Golden eagles are our target species (for now, although we also collect data on all other species). It is important to identify areas where eagles are likely to occur – please follow directions on picking a site based on the protocol.
If you are interested to run a camera trapping site, please evaluate this protocol and ensure that you are able to stick to it. Once you have confirmed that, please send an e-mail to Todd Katzner to get things going!